Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mockingbird




I thought it was a day to paint a big canvas, but all that white space seemed menacing. Here is a Mockingbird - some people call them catbirds - on an old rustic piece of wood that I collected out on the trail. I rode the colts for the first time in two weeks and brushed the hair and mud off of all the horses yesterday. I think I pulled a muscle near my shoulder blade. Sometimes I feel like one of those old rodeo cowboys, but somebody's got to ride the colts or they won't grow up with a proper education and that spells a very bad life for a horse. If they grow up wild and uncooperative, they could be sent to auction or the glue factory. It's a responsibility that I take seriously.
This painting is oil on rustic barn wood approximately 17" x 7" x 1/2" - $45 includes shipping.














2 comments:

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Beautiful paintings, love the horses. Kepp up the great work!
Jen

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Hi Debi, Thanks for the add! I put your link on my blog too.
Have a good one, jen