Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mare and Foal Painting - SOLD - Dallas, TX Collector


Painted on 5" x 6" balsa wood. This is painted for the Nibble Fest Art Contest on the 20th of the month. Many artists put their paintings on this contest with a starting bid of .99 cents. The theme this month is two animals become one. To find Nibble Fest Entries on e-bay search NFAC under the art section from the 20th of the month to the 27th.

I'm feeling very dissatisfied with painting on balsa wood and canvas panels. What I have been painting and creating is not what I want to create. There is something more organic and rustic that I want to do, but I'm not sure how. I'm also dissatisfied with the two dimensional aspect of painting. I'm thinking sculpture, rustic, organic recycled. There is a frustration here with my art. This is not what I want to make.
Quote of the Day
"I make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes."
– Sara Teasdale

No comments: